well, I have been away from my blog (and life on the internet) for a while now. I'm attempting to come back and see what kind of connections and reconnections I can make.
I recenly completed my fourth year with a campus ministry organization, and decided that it was time to move on. Around that time everything else in my life changed as well, and now I find myself back in my parents' house in the room I haven't lived in since 1998 and all of my worldly possessions are in storage. (if they're okay in storage- do I really need them?? but that is another topic for another day).
I'm working on my masters in Higher Education from geneva college, and after 4 years of what we'll call "casually taking classes", I have decided to be serious about the program. of course, it will still take me 2 more years to finish... And so, I feel in limbo. I am over-qualified or under-qualified for any jobs that I am interested in, and yesterday sent out resumes/applications to my 26th and 27th jobs. It is frustrating.
In the mean time, I was growing weary of the inside of this bedroom and restless (and poor), and realized that I needed to be working in SOME capacity. So after an interview w/ Starbucks where I realized I'd work for months before I could pay off any bills, I took a job w/ a cleaning service that my sister's boyfriend had a work connection with.
I am cleaning houses that are in the final stages of building- we scrap out the building materials and clean out all of the dust and dirt so that they are ready for the new home-owners final inspection. I will not go on with the details or rules that I am required to follow (they are so funny they deserve their own blog), but I will just say that it is hard work- 10-13 hour days all on your feet or hands and knees scrubbing- and that it is a challenging place to find myself in the first non-Christian based job that I have ever worked.
That is a bit on what is going on with me... I will share more with you soon....
becki
2 comments:
Weeeeeeeeeeee. Glad to see you around, blogging and in the area. Hope we cross paths soon. Keep writing, too!
peace to you,
Byron
Hi, Becki,
Glad to hear that you're blogging again. It's interesting what people do when they leave CCO, isn't it.
David now has seven days of teaching experience here in Waynesboro. Sabrina will go back to work October 2, and I'll be taking care of Ella for a month. She's a beautiful baby.
Sarah and I are thinking seriously of moving up here...of course, perhaps tomorrow we'll be thinking otherwise.
Are you doing your Master's by extension, or online?
Post a Comment