Well, friends, it happened. I am no longer employed by Lisa's Cleaning Service!! As you may know, I have been on the search for a full time job since I left the CCO in July of last year. I had grown angry and frustrated with my current situation, and was feeling pretty hopeless. I had been keeping track of jobs applied for and was well into the 40s. I applied for a job @ my home church (Asbury UMC, York) a few weeks ago and didn't get it.
THEN: Last wednesday around 5 I got a call from the church saying that they'd like to meet with me. Long story short, we met @ 8:00 that night after my small group, they offered me the job, I took it, went it to Lisa's thursday morning and worked, met w/ Lisa @ noon, offered my 2 weeks notice, she said that that day could be my last, and I started @ the church on Friday!!!!
It is a full time administrative position, preparing all the documents (bulletin, newsletter, promotional), and other administrative things that happen at a church. They are very supportive of me and I am excited and thankful that God opened the doors that he did.
Thanks for being my friends through this frustrating time in my life... I apoligize if all that I have done is whine about life @ lisa's cleaning. I am thankful for the work that they provided me when I needed it, and am thankful for the path that I am on now.
On another big note, I turned in my literature review for my research class on Friday, it had been consuming all of my spare time the last few weeks. I have 3 more assignments for this semester, and then will only have 3 more classes to go before I am a Master.
Just thought that you'd be glad to hear this cheerful news!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment