Leigh Kramer does a monthly "What I'm Into" & reading hers always makes me want to update mine. So here I go.
Read and Reading:
Story of my life - I'm terrible at reading. I am that person who says "Who has time to read?!?!" and then comes home at night and watches 6 episodes of something on Netflix. I'm currently reading Cats & Daughters by Helen Brown. It's the follow up to Cleo, which I read this summer and loved! I will say, another book that I'm still talking about months after I read it (and never mentioned here b/c I haven't blogged in 4 months) was My Boyfriend Wrote a Book About Me by Hilary Winston. It was given to me as a birthday present. It took me a little while to pick it up, but once I did I was so glad! I laughed, I cried, (I didn't hurl).
TV:
TV has been on a bit of a hiatus for the month of February due to the Olympics. I watched very little of the Olympic coverage. Any time I did it was with friends; I realized I enjoy the coverage as a shared experience, but don't care enough to watch on my own. Plus - it gives me high anxiety to watch all of these near-death endeavors. I'm too scared.
Currently airing "Must See TV" (or tv I can't wait for it to come back): Parks & Rec, The Big Bang Theory, The Good Wife, HYMYM, New Girl, The Mindy Project, Modern Family, Parenthood, Scandal (I know - it's a lot!)
Just back: The Americans. Returned last night. Love Love Love. So intense!!
On Netflix, spent last week on the return of House of Cards. Man, that is some crazy television. Finally, I've been hooked on The West Wing. I've often heard it mentioned as one of the greatest shows of all time, but had never watched. I totally get it!! Also, I've developed a bit of a crush on Bradley Whitford's character - Josh Lyman. Obsessed!

Movies:
I don't remember the last time I watched a new movie. I'm just so in to serialized television right now. I just love a broad story arc.
In the vein of nostalgia, I've been getting out a few of my old VHS tapes. (Ironically Phil Dumphy mentioned his "farewell to VHS" tour right after I did this. Watched "Forget Paris" last week. When I put it in it wasn't rewound. I cursed 12-years-ago me for that.
Music:
Been listening to a lot of Dawes since seeing them in concert in the fall. Just getting into The Lone Bellow, will be seeing them next month when they are in town. I also finally picked up Fun.'s first album Aim And Ignite. I might like it even more than Some Nights.
What I love:
- My new pink coffee maker for the office
- My 2 year cativersary
- The occasional warm day of weather to remind me that spring is coming
- The ongoing quest to finish the case of winter seasonal beers that I bought in December before the spring
- Using getting snowed-in at a friend's as a reason for a spontaneous wine and cheese night.
- Netflix and Huluplus (obviously. I love this always)
In the Blogosphere:
Have come across a few fellow single ladies who blog about life. Enjoy that. Most recent blog I've started reading is thesinglewoman.net - she's got some good stuff.
On The Blog:
I'm the worst at writing. I think about ideas I want to write often, but then never actually get pen to paper. Or fingers to keys as it may be. Although, blogger just informed me this is my 100th post. (you know, in like 7 years....)
Thanks, Leigh, for the "What I'm Into" Inspiration!
1 comment:
I was just telling my husband about Forget Paris - such a good movie! (Sad about having to rewind, though...) What are some of your favorites in your case of winter beers? We're always on the lookout for something good. (Ours? Bristol's Winter Warlock.)
Post a Comment