Monday, August 25, 2014

My votes for the 2014 Emmy Awards

The other day I posted what shows/actors I would nominate and award if I were the Television Academy.  But I am not.  Today I'm pretending I actually get to cast a vote for the current nominees.  I'll also take a stab at predicting what might actually happen tonight.  I look forward to seeing what happens. 

**my vote
my prediction

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama
Bryan Cranston as Walter White** 
Kevin Spacey as Francis Underwood
Jon Hamm as Don Draper
Jeff Daniels as Will McAvoy
Woody Harrelson as Martin Hart
Matthew McConaughey as Rust Cohle

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series
Michelle Dockery as Lady Mary Crawley
Julianna Margulies as Alicia Florrick**
Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison
Robin Wright as Claire Underwood
Lizzy Caplan as Virginia Johnson
Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series
Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman**
Jim Carter as Mr. Carson
Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister
Josh Charles as Will Gardner**
Mandy Patinkin as Saul Berenson
Jon Voight as Mickey Donovan
(I vote a tie.  There's no way I can decide between these two.  I think they both gave amazing performances this year, and it's the last year either can be nominated for these roles.  They both need to win. But it will probably go to Aaron Paul b/c there is no love for TGW)

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series
Anna Gunn as Skyler White**
Maggie Smith as Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham
Joanne Froggatt as Anna Bates
Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister
Christine Baranski as Diane Lockhart
Christina Hendricks as Joan Harris

Outstanding Drama Series
Breaking Bad**
Downton Abbey
Game Of Thrones
House Of Cards
Mad Men
True Detective 

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series
Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper**
Ricky Gervais as Derek
Matt LeBlanc as Matt LeBlanc
Don Cheadle as Marty Kaan
Louis C.K. as Louie
William H. Macy as Frank Gallagher

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series
Lena Dunham as Hannah Horvath
Melissa McCarthy as Molly Flynn
Edie Falco as Jackie Peyton
Taylor Schilling as Piper Chapman
Amy Poehler as Leslie Knope**
Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Vice President Selina Meyer

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series
Andre Braugher as Captain Ray Holt
Adam Driver as Adam Sackler
Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell Pritchett
Ty Burrell as Phil Dunphy**
Fred Armisen as Various characters
Tony Hale as Gary Walsh

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series
Mayim Bialik as Amy Farrah Fowler
Julie Bowen as Claire Dunphy**
Allison Janney as Bonnie
Kate Mulgrew as Galina "Red" Reznikov
Kate McKinnon as Various characters
Anna Chlumsky as Amy Brookheimer

Outstanding Comedy Series
The Big Bang Theory
Louie
Modern Family
Orange Is The New Black
Silicon Valley
Veep** 




No comments: