Friday, June 06, 2008

GRADUATE!

Well folks, it is official, I am done with graduate school!! I had my graduation ceremony 3 weeks ago, last week I presented my final project, and this morning I put the FINAL product in the mail. It is done!! Last night after I finished all my edits and I emailed it off, I put all my notebooks and notes and books back on the bookshelf- it was a major accomplishment!

It feels good to have completed something that I have worked on for so long... The project itself I have been working on for almost a year, and the degree- I took my first 9 credits 6 years ago this summer! I can't believe it! I also can't believe that I actually finished. I distinctly remember a conversation that I had in my last year of Messiah when some of my friends were talking about getting further degrees and I said "When I graduate from here- I AM DONE. No more school for me!" And then 3 months later Geneva sucked me in. But I have loved the program, the classes, the work, the professors, the classmates, and the things that I have learned. It has truly been a wonderful experience- and now I have a Masters Degree!

The next part is the scary part... trying to put this degree to work! I'm going to be looking for jobs in higher education. The looking part is scary, but I am excited to work in this field. Hopefully there will be updates of that nature sooner than later, but for now, the church will do just fine.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Huzzah! Congratulations! You should treat yourself to something special, like an icecream cone from the place with the baby head.