So, after 3 days of traps everywhere, we seemed to have gotten the ant control at my desk and in the church lobby under control. There were a few entertaining mishaps, including one security guard picking up the traps not knowing what they were and not understanding why her hands were all sticky. (It was because she was covered in poison). But, as if the insect world is out to get me- we now have what appears to be the making of an ant problem in our apartment.
Now, before you accusing me of transporting them home, let me assure you that these are very different types of ants. At the church we have the itty bitty brown ones that you can barely see, while at the apartment we have the big black ones that are about a quarter inch long.
It all started early last week when I was sitting on my couch watching my tv when a big black ant dropped from the heating vent in the ceiling on to the floor right in front of me. It creeped me out a little, but I hoped it was an isolated incident. However, yesterday we found 4 in the kitchen throughout the day. And, I JUST got off the phone with Lindsey, there are 3 more. What am I doing wrong? I am a clean person. I don't leave food out, we vacuum at least once a week, I scrubbed the kitchen floor on Sunday on my hands and knees.... are we too clean? Are they facinated by this environment?
Don't get me wrong- we had mice in the office this winter and I certainly prefer ants to mice. But you know what I prefer even more to ants?... NOTHING. CLEAN. NO BUGS OR CRITTERS.
Is this too much to ask?
No comments:
Post a Comment