Friday, July 23, 2010

Flashback Friday


I feel that it is time again to share what gems from the 90s are getting me through me week…
Donna Lewis: I love you always forever (1996)
I really loved this song. It was one of those that the lyrics were fast and strung together and it was great fun to sing along to. So much so that I taped it off the radio and put it on a mixed tape. Remember taping things off of the radio? Man, those were the days. It was the only way to get a single. Well, except to buy a single tape at the store, but who did that…. Listening to this song will always make me think of my junior year of high school cruising around in Clifford (my big red jeep). I’m pretty sure that I still have the tape as well.
Ugly Kid Joe: (I hate) Everything About You (1992)
Oh my, Ugly Kid Joe. A dumb name for a band that I really enjoyed back in ’92. Well, I didn’t really like the band, but I really liked this single. And it got a LOT of airplay. For those who are wondering, a quick wiki search told me that while they broke up in 1997, in May 2010 they announced via their my space page that they’re going to do a reunion tour. I probably won’t go.
The Mighty Mighty Boss Tones: The Impression that I get (1997)
Who did NOT love Ska music? Certainly not me! And those late nineties were the years. While I never got super in to TMMBT and I stuck more with my Christian ska bands, this song was everywhere. This song immediately took me back to 1997 and the rebel that I thought I was for liking ska and punk. Makes me want to skank a little.
I don’t know if anyone else is enjoy my trips back to the 90s, but I sure am!

No comments: