Friday, August 30, 2013

What I'm Into (August 2013 Edition)

Linking over to her for the 2nd time this week, Leigh Kramer does a monthly "What I'm Into" and I thought that might be fun!

What I'm Into at HopefulLeigh


Read and Reading:
I've been truly delinquent on reading this summer, which is really unusual for me.  I guess I'm just in a different rhythm this year.  I did read one book this month, Cleo: The Cat Who Mended a Family, by Helen Brown.  It's a heartbreaking and touching story about, well, a cat who mends a family.  As a recently (1.5 years, but it still feels new) cat person, I really loved it.  She has a second book that is next on my pile!

TV:
Currently airing shows for the summer I got in to: Celebrity Game Night (it's like they're inside my head), the return of Guiliana & Bill (I'm convinced we'd be friends) and newly added love: BREAKING BAD!!!

I watched the whole series this summer and am SO GLAD I DID, not only because it's a great show, but it's really fun to be a part of all the excitement of the final 8 episodes. (and the coolest thing ever happened to me yesterday, see below).

On Netflix, I've been inspired to rewatch Prison Break, after Wentworth Miller being back in the news.  It's as intruiging as it was the first time, I thought I'd remember all the twists and turns, but it's been so long I'm just as captivated as I was the first time (and Wentworth is just as smoldering as he was back in 2005 as well).

Movies:
I saw no new movies this month, but did decide that I wanted to finally see the full Dark Knight trilogy.  I had seen Batman Begins when it came out, but for various reasons hadn't seen the 2nd two.  I bought them for a steal at Target this summer.  My plan for last weekend was to hit all three (I love a trilogy weekend), but got called into work so only was able to watch the first.  Maybe this weekend I'll finally complete the series.

In the vein of nostalgia, I bought Mall Rats on dvd this month and watched it for the first time in years.  Just as good, if not better, than the first time I saw it in 1998.  (bit of trivia, it was one of the first two VHS tapes I bought as I was heading to college)

Music:
I've spent a lot of time this summer getting back into music.  Saw a few concerts in June & July (The National, fun., My Morning Jacket, & Wilco)
Been really enjoying Dawes this month, and am hoping to see them when they come to town in September.




What I love:
  • Number one thing I love?  Oh, you know, just getting a direct tweet from Aaron Paul yesterday after I responded to one of his tweets. (I totally geeked out).  Here is why he is my favorite right now:  He is one of the hottest actors on probably THE hottest show right now, and yet doesn't seem to let it go to his head.  He seems truly in awe of all the fans and support he's gotten.  It's really touching. I mean, who else does this kind of stuff?!



  • Really been getting into Podcasts, a nice way to break up my commute and laugh and learn. Current favorite: "By The Way" with Jeff Garlin.  Hilarious, and really has some great guests.

August was a busy month with a lot of highlights.

  • I coordinated a wedding that was maybe the craziest I have ever done in the 7 years I've been doing this.  I live tweeted the weekend, it was super nuts.  Feel free to scroll back to my twitter for Aug 2-3 if you want to see some of the crazy.(@beckeye)
  • My family took a beach vacation to Rehoboth for the first time in 3 years (and the only 3 years of my life we hadn't gone).  I was only able to get away for the weekend, but it was fun to be back and to see my cousin who lives in Texas with his two boys, who weirdly are turning in to great young men.

  • I spent a day in Central PA with some very old friends, and remembered how good that girl time with people who've known you for years can be.

  • I returned to working in the cupcake store for the first time in close to 3 months.  At first I felt like a fish out of water, but was surprised how quickly it all came back.

  • I took on some more responsibility at my day job last month, and am getting to know my responsibilities and starting to find my groove.  It feels good.

In the Blogosphere:
Don't have a great way to organize my thoughts on what I'm loving out there, but will work on that for next time.


On The Blog:     
I'm back on my blog after a nearly 2 year break.  So far it's fun.  I've written about coming back, my neighborhood, and my favorite shows of all time.

Thanks, Leigh, for the "What I'm Into" Inspiration!  

5 comments:

caramac said...

Celebrity Game Night is HILARIOUS! love that Jane Lynch.

Beverly said...

Have you read Dewey, the Library Cat? It is very good.

Are you going to be doing anything with CCO?

Leigh Kramer said...

I definitely watched a few episodes of Giuliana and Bill this afternoon. Whenever I'm back home in Chicago, I wonder if I'll run into them. I haven't seen Mall Rats in forever- probably not since college. My friends and I loved all the movies in that ilk.

Thanks for linking up with What I'm Into!

Unknown said...

Sounds like it was a good month. I have never watched Breaking Bad, and not that it is over, I am thinking I missed a really good thing. I may have to check it out. Amy

Unknown said...

Thanks Ladies!

Leigh - it's totally my dream to visit Chicago and run into them - and you have home field advantage! That's super fun!!

Beverly - hoping to do some CCO stuff this fall -our kick off was this weekend and I was out of town - hope to plug in soon!

Amy - I definitely recommend checking out Breaking Bad - my post today has some more thoughts on it!