Yesterday I shared about the returning fall shows I'm most excited about. Today - new shows.
So, here's the deal. There aren't a ton I've done a lot of research about and I truly haven't heard much buzz. My standard MO the last few years has been to read a lot of reviews in the first month that things are out, and if 3 or 4 weeks in they're still positive or someone tells me I MUST WATCH, I consider catching up. Or, I randomly stumble upon something. Here are the things I'm going to give a try right from the start, but if you hear or see something that is good - please! let me know!!
And, as always, thanks to tvline.com for the best calendar of the year!!

So, while I'm unsure of what I'll actually end up watching or sticking with, these are a few that have caught my eye.
This is Us (NBC 9/20)
First of all - Milo Ventimiglia (Jess from Gilmore Girls). I mean, come on. When this trailer released months ago it practically broke the internet, and I was interested from the get-go. The writer/creator is the same guy who wrote Crazy, Stupid, Love, which is the best. Watch the trailer. I'm hopeful this will fill the Parenthood shaped hole in my heart.
The Good Place (NBC 9/22)
I think the premise of this sounds a bit lame, but Kristin Bell! Plus, it comes to us from Michael Schur (writer - the office, creator/writer Parks & Rec, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Master of None). I trust that dude.
The Great Indoors (CBS 10/27)
I hope this is good, the deck is stacked with a few of my favorite things: Joel McHale, Outdoorsy people turned indoorsy people, millennials jokes, office humor. Please don't let me down!
Man with a Plan (CBS 10/24)
I'm not particularly interested in the premise, and even less so since they dumped Jenna Fischer, but I might give it a try. Because, well, Joey.
Queen Sugar (OWN - already started)
So, this already started and I missed it, but have read some great reviews. If Oprah gives me a way to catch up I'm certainly considering it (though haven't started researching my options yet)
Better Things (FX - already started)
This also premiered this week, and wasn't even on my radar til I heard Pamela Adlon (writer, actor, you know her from King of the Hill or Louie) on Fresh Air this week. (she did some writing for Louie, he's writing for this as well). Since hearing her earlier this week I've seen some positive reviews popping up, and I have a general appreciation for FX comedy (hello, You're the Worst), so might give it a try.
Younger (TV Land)
This is entering its 3rd season, but I never saw the first 2. I hear it's good and love all the people in it.... so if I can find a way to watch it I might be picking this up as well.
I'll be honest, there isn't much I'm freaking out about for this year... but I hope that some good buzz changes my mind. OR, I could pick up nothing new, and just keep rewatching old classics.
Anybody have anything they're excited about??
No comments:
Post a Comment