Tuesday, October 28, 2008

more sports

I feel that I have spent most of the last 2 weeks watching sports. I last mentioned that I was spending my time cheering for the Red Sox. Unfortunately, they didn't make it. BUT- That just means that now I can focus all my baseball energy onto the Phillies. I've never really been a Phillies fan- but I live in PA- and lived in Phila for a brief stint (though it was more during Eagles season), so, I will cheer for them. Besides- though I considered it, there is just something that doesn't sit right with me about cheering for Tampa Bay. I think it's what I mentioned earlier- that for the last 10 years I counted on TB to be worse than the Orioles- and now the Orioles are the worst. Oh well.

So, since last week I've been staying up late to watch these baseball games. It's been really exciting. Last night I was all into the game- but just kind of waiting for them to call it off, and when they did, I hadn't even realized it was after 11:00! I guess it's a good thing they called it when they did- who knows how long I would have been up. And, I am paying for it now.

While I'm mentioning sports- I can hardly neglect Penn State. What a season!! It's been really fun to watch- but I can't help but miss living up there... this would be a fun time in that town. When they're winning it just changes the whole culture up there. Now, we could have a long discussion about what that means about our culture, but I'll let that go. We'll just say for now: Go State!

1 comment:

Beverly said...

How about that! The Tampa Bay Rays are no longer the doormat of the AL East. In fact there are shirts and signs that call them the "New Beast of the East."

I've been watching too. I'm so sorry that their bats have been pretty much silent during these games with the Phillies.

And, yes, how about Penn State. David and Sabrina are teaching Ella well. She knows how to respond to "We are..." Some friends of theirs just sent her a pink fleece jacket with Penn State on it. If you want to see a photo of Ella, I put one on my blog just the other day. Scroll down.

The Ohio State game was something, wasn't it.