I'm not sure who of my friends follow Donald Miller's blog... I've been enjoying it a lot lately. He has a new book coming out (which is quite over due- it was supposed to be released 2 years ago, was pulled back, and is now out). He's really be promoting it and has said that he's never promoted a book like this because he's never really believed in a book he has written as much as this one. Well, if you go to the blog you can read about a little contest he was doing.
For the last few weeks, he's been posting a location of a manuscript of the book, signed by him, and with his phone number so you can read it and give him feedback. On Wednesday of this week was the final posting- and there was a copy at Hearts and Minds in Dallastown. I went for it- and I won!! First of all- I never win anything... and this is a handsigned copy of a manuscript of DM's new book!! I am so excited!!! I got there (my friend Billy got there first, but he was only there to mark my place b/c he new he was closer, as i called him while i was headed there). I got there second- so really first b/c he wasn't really participating... and I got the book! A handful of people came after us, and I was pumped. Here I am with Byron Borger- the owner of the store. (ps- go to his site for a great review of this book)
This was a thrilling day and I was super pumped about it. I'm going to start reading it today!!! (I know- it's been 48 hours, but I have had NO spare time). My thoughts on the book forthcoming.
And if you aren't familiar with Donald Miller's work- I recommend you check him out. He's a great writer!

2 comments:
You're the coolest!! I'm so jealous!
Hooray Becki, nice win!
Post a Comment