I recently turned 29. I've been mentally preparing myself for this year for the last few months. It seemed like it would be a significant. Everyone keeps telling me "OOOO This is the LAST YEAR before the BIG ONE" or things like "Oh man- one more year and then it's all down hill..." It kind of sets you up for a challenge.
So, I started to figure- if NEXT year is such a big one- I probably need to get my stuff in order so that I'm ready for "The Big One." That is a tall order. I mean- if it's all downhill from 30- I ought to hit 30 at a bit of a peak, or at least a plateau- not in the depths of a valley. Not that I'm in the depths of a valley. But I'm not at a peak.
So, I think I should make a bucket list. Not the "before I die" bucket list, which was made famous by our friends Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, but the "before I turn 30" bucket list. (just to clarify that these are not things i need to do before i die). (also, as a second point of clarification, I want to note that I did not see said bucket list film. i tend to avoid movies about senior citizens who become "the most unlikely of friends" (quote from imdb))
So, while my bucket list isn't totally complete, I will be working on it. I'll publish it shortly. If there is something that you feel I MUST do in this next year- please let me know. Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment