Tuesday, September 01, 2009

What i've been up to...

It's September 1st. Fall is in the air, and I'm a little bummed about it. I really love summer. I love fall too- but I'm not quite ready for it... Summer seemed to fly by so quickly. But at least this year I got to take some vacation!! Here's a brief overview of where I have been the last month and a half... (in which I'm not sure I've had a full work week...) I have pictures of most events (thanks to my new pink camera).



July 4: Annual 4th of July Carnival in Jacobus, followed by a fun family gathering @ my mom's. This is my young friend Julia killing it at the balloon game.


July 11: Annual LAIRD family reunion in Ebensburg, PA. A Classic Day.



July 12: My step-sister Allison's bridal shower in Pittsburgh (2nd sister to get married this summer!)


July 16: Trip to Burkittsville, MD w/ friends for small town carnival. Always entertaining!


July 18: Heidi (one of my bff's from college and Philly roommates) got married!!!!



July 18-25: BEACH WEEK! Annual family trip to Rehoboth Beach, DE. We had a lot of rain and clouds this year, but I read 4 books (see previous blog post)




July 29: Mom's Bday!!! (no pic)



July 30-Aug 4: CALIFORNIA!!! My sister and I went to Vacaville, CA (outside San Fran) to visit cousin Lisa and husband Eric. She's an Air Force Dentist. We had a GREAT TIME!! (see upcoming post on the trip)




Aug 7-9: American Idol Live in Atlantic City, NJ and weekend to follow on Long Beach Island with great friends.




Aug 13: CCO Area Day- Day trip to State College (which always feels like I'm visiting my homeland). It was a great day to reconnect with the CCO staff in my area and gear up for another school year (I maintain associate staff status w/ the CCO).


Downside to the day: I was stung by 10 bees. (once in the eye- got hives 1 week later)


Aug 15: "An Evening at the Landings" celebrating friends' new apartment




Aug 15-20: ALL THE COUSINS TOGETHER!! Before Lisa & Eric left for Guam (her next AF assignment) they, her brothers and their wives & kids came into town and the 5 cousins + spouses were together for a few days. We had a great time.



Aug. 31: Visiting Kelly & Tim- good friends from college (though Kelly and I go back to camp)- they work for a missions org in Chicago- we only get to see each other once a year- but it's always refreshing to spend time with them on their brief visits to York.




Aug. 23-today: I've had a nasty cold that I can't seem to shake... but I need to improve because THIS weekend is when my step-sis Allison gets married AND my friend Meghan gets married (that's right folks- 2 weddings- 1 weekend). In one (sat) attending the second (sun).




Looking forward to next Monday when I'm home from all my travels and can rest from my Labors!!! It was a good summer... I wish it could last just a bit longer, but all I can do is reflect on its fullness and goodness and prepare for the glorious season of fall!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Way to come back with a blast! I didn't know you got stung by 10 bees!!! I need more details! Talk to you soon

Anonymous said...

Wow, Becki - you've been all over the place this summer! It was great to see the pics of your family. Have a great time at the weddings this weekend!