Here is an update on the 3 things that are most important to me right now:
Housing:
I found out on Monday that I will not be getting the house I've been waiting on for 6 months (and 3 days). This is okay, I knew that was a possibility. I've spent the last couple days thinking about what it is that I want to do next. I obviously need to do something, I cannot live indefintely in my parents' house with no access to any of my personal belongings. I'm going to look a few new houses this weekend and see if any of them seem like the right fit. I'm also considering going back to renting. We'll see.
Stuff:
I continue to miss my things. While this sometimes makes me feel selfish and materialistic, it also reassures me that I actually need some of the things I own. It's not all total excess. I didn't want to have to do this, but in the last week I've had to make a few purchases to replace things that I already own, but that I cannot get. While the list is small, I know that it will grow if I don't get my things back. So far this week I bought: A new PSU Jersey (a boys large: $14), and a hat/scarf/glove combo. I came very close to buying a down vest. I think that is one of the things that I will miss the most in the fall season.
TV:
Last week I re-arranged my bedroom to accomodate a larger than 12" television. I also ordered a dvr. It came on Monday JUST in time for the new TV season. (after 10 days... c*mcast managed to not send it after my original order, though they did immediately charge my account). I spent about 1.5 hours setting it up on Monday night, on and off the phone/live chat with our cable friends. After all of this the remote they sent wouldn't work. So last night I drove to their office. Turns out they had mailed one that was not compatible with the dvr they sent. Super. When I got home last night and was finally able to program my dvr with my new remote, I discovered that I'm missing about 20 channels. That will be tonight's phone call. Gotta love it.
After all of that, though, I can say I'm pumped for new television. Thus far I have watched the season openers of Parenthood, HIMYM, and 2 1/2 Men (I was curious about Ashton!). Looking forward to the rest of the week's worth thatmy dvr will have in store.
No comments:
Post a Comment