Tuesday, January 17, 2012

This is what is out there....

So, I'm single.  And I haven't dated a lot in the 5 or so years that I've been single.  A lot of my friends and family have been pressuring me to "get out there more" and all that blah blah blah.....  My argument is that there are very few qualified men out there.  I've had a lot of pressure to "try the online thing" which I really have no interest in.  But, to appease the masses, I agreed to give it a brief try.

I received this email over the weekend.  Do you see why I'm not interested?  THIS is what is out there.  This guy is A. Rude.  B.  not a good speller.  C.  does not have a grasp on grammar.  D.  is posing behind a fake turkey and has the nerve to tell me my picture is bad???

Next time you give me crap about not dating - please remember THIS is the kind of fellow with whom I am being paired.  A guy whose pick up line is "your picture is the worst."  And for the record - I was wearing a red cardigan in the photo that he claims "looks like a prison jump suit."  Apparently he is unfamiliar with cardigans. 



and btw guy - if you're reading this.  you are coming off as a jerk.  and not a smart one.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Oh my. As I have said many times, it's better to be single than wish you were.

I can't believe someone would actually send something like that.

KristyWes said...

Ha! This email would be so funny...if it weren't so real. :) I've received similar emails, and sometimes I wonder if maybe I should respond with gentle correction ("Dear Sir, thanks for writing, just an FYI - your email did in fact read as jerky. Next time you email a girl, try an actual compliment and run the whole thing through spell-check.")

(btw, found your blog via Lindsey Noble's post - nice to "meet" you :)